Summer Day Camps
For more than 30 summers, Prince George's County children have been attending summer day camps, summer playgrounds, and summer teen center programs offered by The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC).
Below are the “Need to Knows” of the program:
Summer day camps are offered at M-NCPPC venues throughout Prince George’s County including the Wayne K. Curry Sports & Learning Center.
The Sportplex is pleased to offer exciting programs this summer for your child(ren). This year’s camps will include Boxing, Cheerleading, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Robotics, Sewing, Sports, STEM, Swim & Fitness, Teen Adventures Travel, Track & Field, and Video Games Design, along with special events programming, arts & crafts, and of course swimming! Each camp concludes with a Showcase, displaying the skills campers have learned during their time with us.
9 am-4:30 pm
Extended Care Programs
- Before Care Hours - 7 am-9 am
- Field House – Track & Field, Teen Adventures Travel, Sports, Boxing
- Gymnastics – Gymnastics, Cheerleading, Martial Arts, Swim & Fitness
- Learning Center – Robotics, Video Games Design, STEM, Sewing
- After Care Hours - 4:30 pm-6 pm
- Field House – ALL campers registered for the extended care programs.
- 4:30 pm Pick-up – Campers will be seated on the bleachers at the back entrance of the Field House
- Early Pick-up - If your child is leaving early, prior to the 4:30 pm pick-up, Parents must pick-up their child(ren) from their home base, (i.e., classroom, gym, Field House or Studio) if your child is leaving early and picked up prior to 4:30 pm
- A late fee will be assessed for campers who are not picked up by the program scheduled end time. The fee is $5 per camper for every 15 minutes, or a portion thereof, per child.
- Parking is permitted ONLY in designated parking spaces. No drop-off or pick-up is allowed in the front of building. All violators will be subject to ticketing.
- All campers MUST be signed in and out on a daily basis
- ID is required for sign-out
- No one under 18 years of age is permitted to sign out a child(ren).
- All individuals authorized to sign out MUST be listed on the Day Camp Authorization Form.
- Parents are responsible for providing a bag lunch for their child(ren) daily.
- Campers are not allowed to use the vending machines, or buy food at Betty’s Place & Café during camp hours.
NOTE: The 2015 Summer Day Camp Lunch Program is being offered through Simply Good, LLC, the sole food provider for the complex. Please call 301-583-2493 for more information.
- Camp calendars are distributed every week listing your child’s daily activities.
- Camp-wide “special activities” and on-site field trips will be posted for your awareness.
- Camp Showcases will be held on the last Friday of each session. Parents are encouraged to attend!
Visit www.pgparks.com for more information about summer day camps and associated extended care options, summer playgrounds and summer teen centers at venues throughout Prince George's County.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Park and Planning Help Desk at 301-699-CALL(2255); TTY 301-699-2544.